People have to surrender their dogs for many reasons. If you are struggling with the decision as to whether or not to surrender your Sheltie, please contact us. We may be able to help you solve whatever issues you are having, so that you can keep your Sheltie.
We understand how upsetting it can be to be separated from your companion. If you have made the decision already to surrender your dog, our goal is to make the process as easy for you as possible.
Want to know what will happen to your Sheltie after it is in our program? Take a look at how we work...
Steps to Take...
- E-mail us. Please tell us why you are surrendering the dog. We will set up a time for the dog to come in.
- Attach a recent photo of your dog. We like to verify that it is a Sheltie.
- Download, fill out our Surrender and Information Form, and bring it with you.
- Gather up all the vet records and other pertinent paperwork and bring it with you.
- Bring the dog to us at our prearranged day and time. (We do not take walk-in's.)
Things we really appreciate if you do (but are not required):
- Make a donation
- Have your dog freshly groomed
- Have your dog spayed or neutered
- Have your dog's teeth cleaned (by your vet)
Please bring any and all:
- Paperwork about your dog
- Heartworm pills, flea prevention, and any other medication the dog uses